Game hen / regular hen

How would someone go about taming a flighty bird?
Several approaches possible. My preferred is to isolate fighty bird and began frequent applications of treats. Throw out door what people here say about treats as they are to be used in taming as a training tool. I usually do multiple birds at a time where I spend a good amount of time in their presence but do not direct my attention to them. I like to put them up on a table and make so I do not cast a shadow on them. Then I move deliberately and slowly as move about frequently giving them each a small amount of eats. Ideal treats are large particulates that are easy to see and handle.

Meal worms. Will address later as important.

Several approaches possible. My preferred is to isolate fighty bird and began frequent applications of treats. Throw out door what people here say about treats as they are to be used in taming as a training tool. I usually do multiple birds at a time where I spend a good amount of time in their presence but do not direct my attention to them. I like to put them up on a table and make so I do not cast a shadow on them. Then I move deliberately and slowly as move about frequently giving them each a small amount of eats. Ideal treats are large particulates that are easy to see and handle.

Meal worms. Will address later as important.
So if you have multiple flighty birds you house them together and implement what you mentioned above?

Preferred apporach is to isolate flighty birds from each other. If kept to together, then invest a lot more time with them so they become acclimated to you and your presence. If possible, then get a chair and sit in with birds while reading a book and periodically giving out treats in very small amounts. You want to be able to entice birds to come to you.

Back
Top Bottom