Game roosters

If you have enough space, feed, water, sleeping space, hens ( optional ) and room to run, they should be able to live together. If there's not enough room for them, they'll fight, injure, and possibly even kill the others. ( could be from an injury or fighting ) I wouldn't recommend having them together though, be careful and make sure you do plenty more research
No bad advice don't listen to this

From what I understand, there are three viable flock makeups:
All females
One male and many females
All males

Introducing females into a multi-male environment will cause them to fight over the females. Note, this may be different for different breeds of birds, but I understand this holds true for quail.

Of side note, I do know of people who have multi-male with females in a setup, but I feel this should be considered the exception rather than the rule. Also, said people tend to have a LOT of space for the birds to avoid eachother.
This either

Dont red junglefowl exist in multi gender flocks in the wild?
This horse has been beaten to death a hundred times. American gamefowl are derived from jungle fowl along with many years of selective breeding. If you want to try it be my guest just make sure you pick up some neosporin, vetrap, and any other first aid items.

I know but they were saying housing any breed of rooster with another rooster would be going against their nature

I know but they were saying housing any breed of rooster with another rooster would be going against their nature
If you’re dead set on doing something and don’t want to listen to advice just do it. Sure people keep roosters together of certain docile breeds. Even regular laying breed roosters and bantams are still capable of harming each other. This is more likely with hens around but can still happen without them in view.

If you’re dead set on doing something and don’t want to listen to advice just do it. Sure people keep roosters together of certain docile breeds. Even regular laying breed roosters and bantams are still capable of harming each other. This is more likely with hens around but can still happen without them in view.
Ahhh ok! So it literally just depends on the situation and whatever happens. But if it’s that much of a risk I’ll pass.😃

Back
Top Bottom