gamefowl rooster, unknown type. Please help!

hardscaper87

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 25, 2014
This is my new gamefowl rooster that I have acquired. I am somewhat new to gamefowl varieties and would appreciate some insight on what you all think, he has made beautiful babies with his white girls!

I will get some more pics when I have the chance, I also have came across some beautiful hens for him, he does have very pale legs and dark spurs

I'm sure he has came from a decent line just not sure if he is mixed and did not have a chance to talk to the breeder,

Tempting the idea of using artificial light to help with laying, Christmas Day in Kansas and out of 15 hens I didn't get single egg today

I have some hens I will take pics of tomorrow also. Not sure of their origins either other than an old Mexican fellow has been raising cocks for years and was getting out of breeding and gifted me some of his top hens. The roo in question was the one I choose out of a set of 6 full brothers, your hen is beautiful!

Hardscaper87 some chicken breeds will not lay eggs even if you add extra light to their days. It is true that some will but not all of them. I have two buff orpington hens and they lay their eggs every single day, while my OEGB hens lay nothing. They might not lay simply because its too cold for them, and again some breeds are more recistant to cold weather.

Back
Top Bottom