gamefowl rooster, unknown type. Please help!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hardscaper87, Dec 25, 2014.

1. hardscaper87

hardscaper87 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2014
    This is my new gamefowl rooster that I have acquired. I am somewhat new to gamefowl varieties and would appreciate some insight on what you all think, he has made beautiful babies with his white girls![​IMG]

2. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

Legs look pretty pale, some more pictures would be great but he looks like my green leg kelso x hens dad

3. hardscaper87

Dec 25, 2014
    I will get some more pics when I have the chance, I also have came across some beautiful hens for him, he does have very pale legs and dark spurs

4. Wanex

Wanex Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2014
    To me it looks like a Roundhead or a kelso as well

5. attimus

I don't know much about game fowl myself was gifted a greenlegkelsohatch x swedishflower hen. Naturally wanted to research parents. Found some great photos of both breeds.

6. hardscaper87

Dec 25, 2014
    I'm sure he has came from a decent line just not sure if he is mixed and did not have a chance to talk to the breeder,

1 person likes this.
  7. hardscaper87

Dec 25, 2014
    Tempting the idea of using artificial light to help with laying, Christmas Day in Kansas and out of 15 hens I didn't get single egg today

8. attimus

[​IMG]here is my hen. Can only really go by someone's word. I trust my friend. You should track down the breeder.

9. hardscaper87

Dec 25, 2014
    I have some hens I will take pics of tomorrow also. Not sure of their origins either other than an old Mexican fellow has been raising cocks for years and was getting out of breeding and gifted me some of his top hens. The roo in question was the one I choose out of a set of 6 full brothers, your hen is beautiful!

10. Wanex

Wanex Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2014
    Hardscaper87 some chicken breeds will not lay eggs even if you add extra light to their days. It is true that some will but not all of them. I have two buff orpington hens and they lay their eggs every single day, while my OEGB hens lay nothing. They might not lay simply because its too cold for them, and again some breeds are more recistant to cold weather.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by