Gamefowl

Lovesumchicks

Songster
Apr 22, 2020
I purchased a few types of gamefowl from a guy who breeds them. I went in only wanting her and seen the way their living conditions were so I wanted to get all the hens he had. Well he really had no info or age of the rooster or hens so I would like to figure that out. Thanks so much for any help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-22-20-49-45.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-22-20-49-45.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
I can't tell you much more than you already know, which is that they're gamefowl. American Gamefowl can have quite variable appearance and have many lines within the breed. That's what they look more like to me

That's what I kind of figured. She hasn't laid any eggs yet so I'm thinking she is still very young. I have had her for about 2 months now. The other hens are laying eggs now.

Her feathers are pretty shredded. Maybe too old to lay eggs??
That could be it, but then again I don't know he said he only fed them corn.... He said he couldn't figure out why they weren't laying. I brought them home and put them on half flock raiser half laying crumble with grit. On the side I do sunflower seeds, grass, split peas, oatmeal and fruits and 2 of them have started laying. The one that looks really bad feather wise has been laying a egg every day.

Back
Top Bottom