Gander vent/phallus/prolapse issues (potentially upsetting image)

Thank you, took mine to the vet he is prolapsing which isnt great and his vent is quite swollen, they can try a stitch but as swollen may not work. Ahhh. May see if i can get epsom salts and see if that will help. Otherwise they are talking about putting him down. As a rare breed gander that will be hard. Thanks for coming back
I'm so sorry, that is really hard :( I hope thta they can help with the stitch. My fingers are crossed for you.

I am wondering how the Epsom salt baths and the creams worked.
I just discovered a penile prolapse on my 9 month old gander this morning. He’s quite bloody and looks picked at so I’m guessing this may have happened during a squabble between him and the other gander.
This is my first year with geese, and the first time I’ve had this problem. I haven’t seen it in my ducks before either, so it was a bit of a shock.
I’m wondering how effective treatment has been, for those of you who have experienced this, or if I should have him put down.

If he isn't prolapsed, it appears he could be headed that way. The soaks may float out any foreign material that could be irritating and inflaming his equipment.

Do you have any cortisone cream on hand? You can use that to help reduce any swelling.
Will cortate and polysporin triple antibiotic mixed work?

Back
Top Bottom