ganders fighting help

slightlyscrambled

Songster
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Nebraska
I have what I think are 3 ganders - long story- and 2 geese. I went out to shut lights off tonight and two of the ganders are locked in a death grip with each other. I know it is mating season here and they are fighting for dominance, but I dont want ANY injuries to care for. Will it work if I just seperate two of the ganders into a small pen and leave one gander with the ladies? Unfortunatly the only way to do this is pens right next to each other in the barn. That means that two of the ganders are together and one gander is with the girls. Will this be okay? Up til now they have all got along-they are my avatar pic was taken last fall.
Feel free to let me know what you would do.
Thanks

If the pens are next to each other and if they can get their heads through the wire(I am assuming a wire divider here) they will still fight. Not sure what your divider is between the pens. As long as they can't get their heads through it, they should be ok.

well-- tomorrow I will run some poultry netting across, its just a small piece of hog panel. Will the two ganders that are together fight even though they cant get to the "girls"?

Back
Top Bottom