Gape worm?

dwegg

Songster
11 Years
Nov 10, 2009
Grant Park, Atlanta, GA
Need some advice...my Cochin has been stretching her neck and opening her mouth and shaking her head fairly constantly. She has been doing this for a few weeks now...I thought maybe gape worm so I gave her some Safeguard (equine dewormer paste) then about a week later she was gasping pretty bad so I gave her some more (about pea sized) she seemed better? Still eating and drinking and affectionate...but she Still shakes her head and gapes her mouth and today she has a very dirty backside from runny poop.

She just doesn't seem all well to me...
Any suggestions?

Shall I give her another dose of Safeguard? All my chickens were also wormed with wazine in sept/oct...

Last edited:
Quote:
You are dealing with a respiratory issue. Dose her with tylan 50 injectable orally, 1/2cc for 5 days. You should see improvement by the 4th day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply..I read another older thread you commented on also about tylan. I will go and try and find some...but my girl does not seem to be any different acting? Not lethargic but she does seem to have loss some weight I think...I will get some and give it to her orally as I can't do a needle.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom