1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gapeworm Question

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ga Chicken Mom, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    I posted a while ago today about gapeworm and treatment. Haven't gotten any replies. Does anyone have any experience with gapeworm?

2. CUDA

CUDA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    You can find information on this on my site HERE . Good luck!

3. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

I herd valbazen may work for gapeworm, but you may wanna research it, valbazen is not approved for poultry.

However i use it in my wormer program for my pet wild eastern trukeys. Gets all the worms that i know of except im not sure of the gapeworm.

Charlie

4. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Thanks fpr the replies. I did a lot of online research last night and gapeworm can be treated with fenbendazole or Ivermecin. The mg/ml are impossible to find in our small town. I'm going to have to order online. I was hoping to treat my girl sooner.

5. CUDA

CUDA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    You can purchase Ivomec at your local TSC or farm supply store. Good luck!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Is this Sally? Did you see something when you looked in her throat, Barbara? The feedstore, Cohutta Feed, in Blue Ridge has Invermectin, I think. And there is a western store, Sackett's, in Jasper, that should have some of those wormers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by