Gapeworm?

If you want to treat for just those worms, give Safeguard at 0.23 ml per pound once and repeat in 10 days. If you want to treat for all worms except tapeworms, give 0.23 ml per pound for five consecutive days.

-Kathy

So what would we do for tapeworms? I just started the 5 days with mine. I still have 8 more to go. They are harder to catch during the day

To give wormer to my chickens, I pull the wattles or chin feathers down, give a couple of drops or about 1/4 ml at a time, then release the wattles for the bird to swallow, and repeat. Using a syringe is the best way to measure and give the wormer.

Thanks... that worked well with the smaller ones. The bigger ones, the treach is easier to see... so I can get it to the side.. it was easier than I thought.
The ones I did have been eating even more than before so I guess it's doing well

I finished my 1st round last night after the older ones went to bed... much easier to catch. Today, we had a couple close enough to catch and dose. They like bread and it's much easier putting their dose on pieces of bread and they take it no problem. I had trouble seeing their treach except the turkeys... wow that's a long way back there.. the bread seems much less intrusive. Does that seem like and ok way to do it?

Btw, the size of my chickens were 3.8 Oz, a three week old to my 7 month cockrell, 12lbs... my turkeys were 20 and 21 lbs... they are both toms... my hen got killed in a nieghbor's electric fence.

I finished my 1st round last night after the older ones went to bed... much easier to catch. Today, we had a couple close enough to catch and dose. They like bread and it's much easier putting their dose on pieces of bread and they take it no problem. I had trouble seeing their treach except the turkeys... wow that's a long way back there.. the bread seems much less intrusive. Does that seem like and ok way to do it?

The bread method is fine.

-Kathy

I just tried giving 1/2 cc of Safeguard and I suffocated her! I went down the side of her mouth but I managed to kill her. So far I have lost 4 to gape's and I have a 4 mo. old BLR Wyandotte gaping out in the coop. She would not eat any Panacur bread. I really need help. I am fixing to go get some Wazine if I hear it works so answer soon, burnin' daylight as they say.

Back
Top Bottom