Garage kept Coturnix Jumbo Lighting Concerns

Sebrena

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2021
First time posting and a newbie to raising quail😊 I've looked through posts and wanted some thoughts on my lighting for my 5 week old quail. I have a single light bulb in my garage that has 5000k LED with 1600 lumens. Is that enough light for the quail in the stacked cages? I decided to put warm light Christmas lights on the cages but the quail seem to be lethargic and sit with their backs to the light. I turned off the Xmas lights and a roo sounded off😆 Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
20211126_132854.jpg
20211126_133007.jpg

First time posting and a newbie to raising quail😊 I've looked through posts and wanted some thoughts on my lighting for my 5 week old quail. I have a single light bulb in my garage that has 5000k LED with 1600 lumens. Is that enough light for the quail in the stacked cages? I decided to put warm light Christmas lights on the cages but the quail seem to be lethargic and sit with their backs to the light. I turned off the Xmas lights and a roo sounded off😆 Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!View attachment 2910189View attachment 2910190
I like it I say keep the Xmas lights I had little led bat lights for the extra buttons I had

Back
Top Bottom