Garden day

gickelvolk

Songster
8 Years
Oct 1, 2011
Nebraska
Saturday (St. Patty's Day) was 82 degrees.
cool.png
We got a start on the garden by tilling in winters compost in the new garden beds. Every one participated.

Of course Mrs. had help doing the fine work......

Fresh tilled is the best place to find fresh worms..... Raking in and worked over by 6 feathered roto-tillers....

There was a lot of "work" going on.....

It was warm so shade was well received by furry and feathered critters equally......

Some discussion took place over whose spot belonged to whom.....

After some mediation by Dad it was all good.....

And of course there was the bestest water ever....
yippiechickie.gif

looks like a great day!

It was exceptional! My son and his girl friend helped out also. They made dinner for us that evening........... Can't complain at all.......
celebrate.gif

So cute! Picture #6 is my favorite!
That's our rescue Irish Setter, Tess. She's 10 and a really good old soul. She's 9 and we've had her since we got her from the pound at 9 months old. She's a story all of her won. Our 2 other dogs (Winston-15 1/2 and Shamus-10) have learned that she is actually the boss.... It's HER house and she allows them to stay........
bow.gif

Tess doesn't mind the hens, but occasionally has been pecked for getting too close. She usually either moves away from them or they get a good "Yappin'" at.....
barnie.gif

She's never harmed them. She was kind of "mama" to them when they were chicks.

Thanks for the nice comments!
thumbsup.gif

Looks like a great day. :) We are getting our garden into shape, too, and the ladies keep following me around scratching up the dirt. They are reminding my why I need to put a fence up this week...

Love your pups, too! Your Setter is a sweetheart for tolerating the hens so well and the Border Collie (?) is very pretty also.

Looks like a great day. :) We are getting our garden into shape, too, and the ladies keep following me around scratching up the dirt. They are reminding my why I need to put a fence up this week...

Love your pups, too! Your Setter is a sweetheart for tolerating the hens so well and the Border Collie (?) is very pretty also.

Thanks!

The dog-kids are Winston(Border Collie mix), Shamus (Border Collie), Tess(Irish Setter)

They were due for some foot grooming. They had a case of "Hairy-House-Shoes" and needed toenails clipped...... That's my job, of course I had to put on my best duds....
cool.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom