You may consider looking into dehydrating. BUT that will not work for all foods. I have never tried that, but have read many postings with peeps having good results.
I have a dehydrator. Usually I need to run it when it's hot and humid. So it heats up the house and takes longer because of the humidity. I like it for dried sliced tomatoes and such.
Also in a food processor, I would grind up a bunch of kale without stems, whole tomatoes, onions, garlic and enough ground flaxseed to bind to make a thin paste. Spread it out with a spatula, score break lines. dry for a day or so and break into crackers. I would then stack into Ziploc and freeze for Long term. Keeping a bag out for consumption. Have to keep the bag close or it sucks up the humidity and no bueno 😞...in an hour they start to get soggy.
No recipe , just something I made to use up kale and tomatoes rather than freeze whole. I wanted something like a cracker, because I can't eat wheat. At that time the stuff in the store wasn't edible 😔...or so many unpronounceable ingredients.

I have a dehydrator. Usually I need to run it when it's hot and humid. So it heats up the house and takes longer because of the humidity. I like it for dried sliced tomatoes and such.
Also in a food processor, I would grind up a bunch of kale without stems, whole tomatoes, onions, garlic and enough ground flaxseed to bind to make a thin paste. Spread it out with a spatula, score break lines. dry for a day or so and break into crackers. I would then stack into Ziploc and freeze for Long term. Keeping a bag out for consumption. Have to keep the bag close or it sucks up the humidity and no bueno 😞...in an hour they start to get soggy.
No recipe , just something I made to use up kale and tomatoes rather than freeze whole. I wanted something like a cracker, because I can't eat wheat. At that time the stuff in the store wasn't edible 😔...or so many unpronounceable ingredients.
That sounds really good!

My latest claim to fame is, I bought a circular saw sharpener.. I needed some carbide blades sharpened or replaced.
at $.40 per tooth, it is cheaper to buy new..
then I accumulate worn saw blades..
I have two contractor table saws and two miter saws.. after this first round of sharpening, the machine is paid for.
the second thing is, I am making waffles. even bought a new Oster waffle maker.. found a simple recipe and tweaked it a bit. make a dozen , eat two and freeze the rest. then I can pop two into the toaster whenever I want to
with these warm temperatures, I have been able to work in my wood shop.
it feels good to be making sawdust again..

Last edited:
My latest claim to fame is, I bought a circular saw sharpener.. I needed some carbide blades sharpened or replaced.
at $.40 per tooth, it is cheaper to buy new..
then I accumulate worn saw blades..
I have two contractor table saws and two miter saws.. after this first round of sharpening, the machine is paid for.
the second thing is, I am making waffles. even bought a new Oster waffle maker.. found a simple recipe and tweaked it a bit. make a dozen , eat two and freeze the rest. then I can pop two into the toaster whenever I want to
with these warm temperatures, I have been able to work in my wood shop.
it feels good to be making sawdust again..
the circular saw sharpener sounds like a wonderful addition to the shop. I may need to look into that for hubby's shop.

I usually have homemade waffles in the freezer. Hub's likes Eggo waffles- not me, so I get to eat the yummy homemade ones. I used to have a waffle maker for the rectangular waffles, but I gave it away when we got a Belgian waffle maker. The big, round, thick Belgian Waffles toast up great, but I have to break them into quarters and stack them carefully into the toaster slots so they fit, lol.

Wyo, the sharpener I got is from
Harbor Freight.
Chicago Electric Circular saw sharpener.
It is not a commercial machine, but it does the job once it is set up ..
Don't expect much help from Youtube.
most of those guys don't have a clue.
I had good success with carbide blades.
with steel tooth, not so much.. Not the machine's fault. my eyesight is not up to snuff.
Annie was buying Eggos. I ate them, but felt something was lacking. after making my own, I found that there were many things lacking..

after many weeks of waiting, the tractor fixit guy called today. He has the oil pump and is coming today to pick the tractor up.
I will be glad to have it when the weather warms up. I have a few projects I want to do and I do not want to have to use the wheelbarrow.
It made it all the way up to 29F today.
I am not going out in this cold weather.
instead I stayed inside and drew up plans for a multi purpose mobile work bench for in the shop.
If it works like I expect it to, I will try to sell it. then I will build another and use it until I sell it, .. etc etc
I did that with chicken pluckers.
I sold five of them.

Back
Top Bottom