No spring pics of green, but how about purple?

View attachment 1700140

I picked this one about 12 days ago, right before we had a run of 20* lows. I have about 3 or 4 more that have come up. It's 67* now, supposed to be in the low 70's today. But, that comes with a chance of severe storms. In fact, we have a line heading for us now that is about 30 minutes out. It streaches back all the way to Ft.Worth. Our spring weather is pretty stormy.

Other things that are up in the garden are my sugar snaps & potatoes. My spinach & turnips have started bolting already. *sigh* I want to find stuff that will take a bit of heat to grow this year. I do have malabar spinach planted, but it hasn't sprouted yet. I had swiss chard up, but the cold last week really beat it up. Going to replant and try again.

In my jugs, my kale, brussel sprouts, lavendar, dill, chives and 1 tomato are up. Took the leaves out of 2 of my beds. Broke up the ground and put in some fertilizer. Plan on putting compost on both of those this weekend, and cover back up with leaves. Will be planting tomatoes, peppers, green beans & cucumbers in those beds.

Mostly waiting on the weather. Make sure it doesn't get cold again and for it to quit raining. It has been a wet, wet winter for us. I stand in mud/water when I'm out working in my raised beds.
:drool i much prefer that color, i fell in love with the green when mil raised them, later on tried the white:sick but the purple, now thats my love, you are so lucky.
whenever they come thru the auction at home, i buy everyone of them and eat them every night til they're gone

Sorry Bob, gotta see pictures or it never happened! :lol:

Just kidding, I've seen your greenhouse...nice set up :thumbsup
The pepper plants have peppers on them and at least one tomato is just a few days from being ripe.

I started more pepper, cabbage and cauliflower seeds last week. Today I started tomato and eggplant seeds. Outside it is 40°F and either bare ground or snow drifts.

I don't know but sent them an email asking for support. They were very specific X water to start Y water to finish. X was fine, Y didn't work. We're at YX4 and still not looking right.

They have a reputation for being a pretty reliable company, hope you get some help to get things straightened out soon.

Back
Top Bottom