this rooster escaped a few weeks ago. He is wild and evasive. If we could catch him , I would have no trouble dispatching him.
the hatchet: I acquired it about 30 years ago. I used it whenever I need a hatchet. It might be old, but not retired..
I think I have a great nephew picked out to leave it to after I die.. I want to keep it in
the lineage .. whomever receives has to agree not to sell it. he can give it to any male in the relation with the same last name as
my father.
My oldest sister told me that our dad worked in the woods before he got married.. that's probably when he got the hatchet..
today is wine starting day. Yesterday my brother brought us about 50 pounds of frozen venison. lots of hamburger.. we had to take 60 pounds of blackberries out of the freezer to make room for the meat..
So three batches of wine will be started.
I have one batch juiced already. today I have to wash four 5 gallon glass carbouys.
plus three 5 gallon pails.
I have dibs on the kitchen. stay out of my way..
.......jiminwisc.........

as of now there are four boys in the group so whatever happens after that they're going to have to decide
ETA:
yesterday I worked on making blackberry wine all day. I took a lot of breaks.

I have two 5 gallon jugs fermenting and one bucket on it's first ferment. I spent a lot of time at the sink washing jugs and pails. also juicing and straining seeds from the juice.
I juiced 60 pounds of blackberries. My back really ached when the day was done. and I was done, too..
My back feels pretty good this morning, so I am going to take it easy today and not aggravate it.
I am not too impressed with the yeast that Annie bought. It seems to be quite slow and sluggish..
.......jiminwisc........

Last edited:
Hi all,
today I took it easy. washed out three carbouys. topped off the two carbouys that are fermenting , with warm water.
That turned out to be a mistake. the warm water really set the yeast into action. I could not keep the air locks on. finally gave up and just wrapped a towel around the neck of the jug.
I looked at a couple of beer recipes. checked at the feed mill for barley.
Only about $6/50 pound bag. That really surprised me. I need about 15 pounds for a five gallon batch.
DW bought me a stainless steel canning kettle. 21 quart. big enough for a 5 gallon
batch of beer..
.....jiminwausau.........

Back
Top Bottom