20230728_090147-jpg.3591613

20230728_090546-jpg.3591614

Big Doris
20230728_090213-jpg.3591617

Big Moose
20230728_090402-jpg.3591618

Dill's Giant Atlantic pumpkin
20230728_090514-jpg.3591620
I love it when the pumpkins take over! I forgot about pumpkins this year so the grandkids will have to settle for butternut squash, should any reach maturity.

R2elk

Do you have plenty of cabbage to make sauerkraut??? If it is a thing you like to eat.
Seeing that cabbage head in picture,,, I just got a taste/urge,,,,, to make stuffed cabbage rolls. :drool:drool:drool
When we do make them,,, it is always a large quantity. Then we share with family members portions to take home.. The extra goes into individual portion baggies into freezer. :yesss:

R2elk

Do you have plenty of cabbage to make sauerkraut??? If it is a thing you like to eat.
Seeing that cabbage head in picture,,, I just got a taste/urge,,,,, to make stuffed cabbage rolls. :drool:drool:drool
When we do make them,,, it is always a large quantity. Then we share with family members portions to take home.. The extra goes into individual portion baggies into freezer. :yesss:
I started a 5 lb. batch of sauerkraut in early July. Checked on it yesterday and the brine had turned the color of sauerkraut. Most of the cabbage still looks like cabbage but it does now have a slight sauerkraut taste to it.

I was hungry for cole slaw but this is way too much for me. My mother always made the cabbage rolls. She used a 50:50 mix of ground beef and ground pork mixed with the rice for filling. I didn't care for the overcooked cabbage leaves but the filling was really good.

My dad was the kraut maker. I liked it best when it was
about half finished, not at it's most sour.
My mom never made cabbage rolls. not that I remember.
My wife makes them now and then. I like them.
I like cabbage in boiled dinner. smoked ham hocks,veggies.
I chop the cabbage into small pieces for easy spooning.
I like raw cabbage, too.

Back
Top Bottom