gardening near main road

Quote:
Somebody stole the whole dang thing. Every plant. Every tomato. Every ear of corn. Each and every leaf!! Nothing left but a bare plot of ground. Hadn't been plowed under or run over, just all pulled up! POOF GONE!!!

Okay, that's really pathetic! I can't even fathom how some people could think that it's okay to do that to someone!

Suzy

One year the city dug trenches along the street curbs to work on the sewers. When they filled in their trenches, they planted grass. But their grass was just all weeds, and everybody complained. One senior neighbor put zucchini seeds in his trench and gave some to my little boy. The zucchini grew and grew, and some mornings a giant surprise zucchini would be sticking out in the street. Many cars would stop and many zucchini were taken. I don't remember if we actually ate any, but those zucchini LOVED growing into traffic!

I wish you luck!

I once had a beautiful peach tree next to the road out front.

I was constantly telling people "If you'd just ask for a peach or two I'd give you some"... then they'd get embarrased and drive or walk off.

I ate very few of my own peaches off of that tree... it amazes me how folks can think they can just help themselves to other folks produce.... we have a lock on the gate that leads to the coop!.... we also have the ability to lock the coop if we need to.

The county sprayed our roads without telling us one year, drifted into the yard, killed our peahen and alot of the neighbor's honey bees, so I'd take that into consideration before you plant.

Back
Top Bottom