Garder Snake in the Coop

sad.png
I hate for you to think I am dumb.But what color was this one?,Thanks so much,Sandra

a littel garter snake will eat pinky mice and snails-- nothing more- how cute!
I saw a small king snake today on the walkway- maybe 6 inches long and thinner than my pinky.He can stay. I hope I see him again. He was really cute.THe one that was over 5 foot- had to move- he was a danger- and any poisonous ones-- well they might have to go to snake heaven.

Quote:
It was black with a yellow stripe on both sides of it, I did a quick google and found out it was a garder snake...just to be sure. We have a coral that lives under our air conditioner and I know they can be deadly, but it doesn't bother us and we leave it alone. Since it moved in we haven't had any mice, rats or rattle snakes around. A zoologist from Silver Springs told me they eat those things, but will leave chickens alone, because chickens can kill them quicker than they can move.

Theres a youtube posting of a chicken eating a snake....pretty amazing...they really are pigs with wings
smile.png
I've heard they'll eat mice too....I have bantams so improbable for either....besides one day Ese got very freaked out over a mouse in our garden....He may be a big man....but he is still a lil baby at times

Back
Top Bottom