Garlic and Apple Cider Vinegar?

LmG2007

Hatching
Jun 4, 2020
I have read that Garlic and Apple Ciger Vinegar can be great for chickens. I have 15 that are 4 weeks old. Has anyone else experimented wit this and what are your thoughts? How much and how often?

Garlic is anti bacterial, anti viral, anti fungal (and anti vampire 😂)....it's related to the onion family, but I still think it's a really good thing to give chickens.
Apple cider vinegar is great for the immune system apparently.
We often use them if one of my chickens are ill.

Garlic is anti bacterial, anti viral, anti fungal (and anti vampire 😂)....it's related to the onion family, but I still think it's a really good thing to give chickens.
Apple cider vinegar is great for the immune system apparently.
We often use them if one of my chickens are ill.
Thanks! Do you give it to them only when they are sick or periodically to maintain health?

I have read that Garlic and Apple Ciger Vinegar can be great for chickens. I have 15 that are 4 weeks old. Has anyone else experimented wit this and what are your thoughts? How much and how often?

Yes! Garlic , Apple Cider vinegar & drop of honey is an ancient old remedy for many many things .

It boost immunity and Fight off with Coccidiosis , Mycoplasma , mycotoxins , Aspergillus , Ecoli and many others common chicken disease
Also it maintains a healthy pH in their gut allow nutrients to absorbed deeply and remove any fungi forming..

Once in a month work best or Twice

Anytime you offer water with additives, they should also have plain water with no additives to choose from.

we used ACV water with quail for awhile. We noticed a drop in consumption as compared to regular water. We added a small amount of ACV, so it was not too much. We decided that just giving them clean and fresh water, no additives worked the best. We bought more water bases and water containers, so fresh ones would be filled daily, old oneswashed and left to dry fully.

for our chickens we only give electrolyte water if they need theboost (sick or overheated).

true: use non- metal containers for water with additives.

Yes! Garlic , Apple Cider vinegar & drop of honey is an ancient old remedy for many many things .

It boost immunity and Fight off with Coccidiosis , Mycoplasma , mycotoxins , Aspergillus , Ecoli and many others common chicken disease
Also it maintains a healthy pH in their gut allow nutrients to absorbed deeply and remove any fungi forming..

Once in a month work best or Twice
How much do you generally give them?

This is very controversial and some of us have no confidence in ACV. Have you ever put an egg in ACV for a few days as a science experiment with your kids? Try it and see what happens. Then ask yourself what this might do to your chickens' already porous bones.

Back
Top Bottom