Garlic As Worm Treatment/Preventative

:barnie

Garlic does not prevent or rid worms and neither will pumpkin seeds or DE.
Do not believe everything you read on the internet guys.

Does your bird have worms?
Which type of worms are you trying to treat?
My birds are worm free, as far as I know anyway, and I'm just trying to keep it that way. In a day or so I will bounce this off a couple of folks down in Aggie Land and see what they have to say on it. It's still an interesting topic even if it might not be the best route to take.

:barnie

Garlic does not prevent or rid worms and neither will pumpkin seeds or DE.
Do not believe everything you read on the internet guys.

Does your bird have worms?
Which type of worms are you trying to treat?
Funny Emoji! What do you recommend for chicken poop on eggs? New to chickens and need wisdom.:)

I just read a piece that promotes garlic as a natural way to treat and prevent worms in chickens. Supposedly just by placing a few garlic cloves in the drinking water will release sulfur and something else that I can't remember now. This is supposed to take care of the worms and help to prevent them in the first place.

Has anyone had any experience with this method of worm treatment?
Prevention it is helpful. Treat I am not sure.

Funny Emoji! What do you recommend for chicken poop on eggs? New to chickens and need wisdom.:)
Make sure your nest boxes are clean and then you don’t have too many eggs piling up. Sometimes hens walk in with dirty feet- I had the idea to literally make mine a little mat in front of the boxes.

You think you’re funny?
You won’t be laughing when your birds die from worms and all you did was stuff ‘em full of seasonings.
Good luck.
There are real, proven medicines that prevent and treat worms. Much better and faster than the stuff I put in my pasta sauces.
Just because you fancy yourself as someone who does things au naturel…doesn’t mean it’s worth risking your birds.

Back
Top Bottom