1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

garlic?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by danniboi1990, Jul 17, 2011.

1. danniboi1990

danniboi1990 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Coventry
    ive read that chickens benefit from putting garlic in the water.. is this true? if so why? does it have to go in the water or can i feed it them in some sort of food? [​IMG] thanks for any advice given [​IMG]

2. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Ooh, bookmarking as this sounds interesting.

3. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Chickens benefit from the garlic in a few ways. The sulfur in garlic is a natural immunity booster and natural, but mild, blood thinner~good for cardio health. It also makes their blood undesirable to parasites. It will not make your eggs taste different...after all, they taste of sulfur anyway.

You can place garlic juice in the water or garlic powder in their feed.

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    It is said that Garlic -
    Helps purify the blood and stimulate the functions of the whole body. Very good when breeding. Re-establishes the intestinal bacteria after treatment for worms or coccidiosis. Youngsters will grow healthy and stronger, and maintain resistance to infection.

But if you are going offer Garlic to your birds use -
    Garlic oil to there food or you can add Garlic Juice to there water.

Garlic Juice is water-soluble and you may have to get it at a good online Pigeon Supply store. You can get it a Jedds. http://www.jedds.com/StoreFront.bok

Chris

5. danniboi1990

danniboi1990 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Coventry
    thanks for replying guys [​IMG] ill try the garlic [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by