garlic

phily

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 25, 2014
Hi, I am lucky enough to have 3 lovely hens. My girls are 2 gingernuts and one silkie. They all get on well with each other.
I give them tablespoon of cider vinegar with garlic. after reading some comments I have now found out garlic is bad for them. Is it just in the form of fresh garlic or is it in any form.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

To make it clear: Garlic is NOT bad for chickens at all. ACV and garlic are SUPER good and healthy for chickens. Here's an article that I wrote.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...t-and-natural-ways-to-keep-your-flock-healthy

So keep it up!

Sounds like you have a lovely flock. Glad you joined!
big_smile.png

Phew thanks. My girls are so precious to mr. You have reassuted me I am not harming them.thanx again.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Mountain Peeps has given you some good advice. Your chickens will do well on AVC and garlic. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Mountain Peeps has set you straight on the ins and outs of garlic and ACV.

Enjoy your birds and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom