gas prices killed my ford f250

My hubby has a Hyundai that he bought off guy he knew couple years ago. It smelled like a nasty cigar and it's purple. I call it his Barney car. He cleaned the inside but I can still smell the stale cigar smell when you get near it. But it gets gas mileage as good as his Harley does so he drives it when it's raining or going to rain on his 300 mile drive to work & back every week. He could care less if it's purple or what people think and he is big old biker guy. So don't let that bother you either.

Well you could always give it the driveway camo paint job.

I parked my '96 bronco about 6 months back and have only driven it once since then. As soon as I get some free time, it's getting cleaned up and a for sale sign put in it. @ 13mpg it's just not worth driving. We're switching to the wifes 19mpg tundra. We use to use the bronco for camping and work.. but now the Tundra is taking that role. My daily driver is a 03 hyundai averaging 30mpg.

I too had a ranger, a 93 and it averaged 22mpg. Had no power at all but you just couldn't kill the thing. My sister in law still has it, 220,000 miles on it now. Still going but the transmission whines like you wouldn't believe. They're good little trucks if you just need to get around and haul the occasional 1500lb load.

Quote:
Pick up a couple bottles of Odoban at walmart. That should help with the smell. Hyundai's have a weird smell from their Air Conditioning system as it is. (musty) Dunno why but I've heard multiple people say the same. (my car too)

My husband insisted that we needed to buy an F250 Powerstroke last year, and it had to be diesel as diesel was cheaper. I traded my Mazda B3000 which was the most reliable vehicle i've ever had. In his defense we do need one out here as we have 12 miles of dirt road to get to our house, but now diesel is through the roof too!

mines a 94 ranger and where we are at we also need a 4x4 because snow does not get plowed on my road and the snow gets pretty high so i bought my f250 when i was 15 last year now i had to sell it but hey i still have a ford and its still 4 wheel drive

but the obvious question, the one no one has dared to ask, is it flat purple or metalic, glittery, pinstriped or have flames???? Inquiring minds what to know...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom