1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gas?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by blue fire, Nov 5, 2009.

1. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I have started feeding my dog a new diet and it is giving him gas in the morning. I don't mind, but is it uncomfortable for him?

2. protodon

protodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Nottingham,PA
    Is gas uncomfortable for you? I would say change the diet it clearly doesn't agree with him. I actually thought gas was pretty normal until I switched to the diet my dogs are on now(taste of the wild dog food) but different diets may be fine in one dog and give others gas. I'd say move on if you can.

3. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I agree, I would change the food.

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Was the food changed gradually or all at once? Canned food often gives dogs gas too.

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    If you like the new food or have changed it for a specific reason, then keep the food. You can feed a treat for dog's that is made from a specialy processed charcol for dogs. This will totally eliminate their gas and they like the treats, fed only a few a day depending on the size of dog. They work very well.

AL

6. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:Interesting, I changed my cats to that same brand for cats, and the one cat I had with major stinky gas [​IMG] no longer clears a room.

7. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    You can feed a Tbsp of plain yogurt at each feeding. That will really help with the gas.

8. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    It might not be the food itself, a new diet can cause upset if not introduced gradually.

9. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    he has been eating this for about 3 months. Might be the gravy train canned food...... I want to make the least amount of changes to his food as possable because it is not that expensive and it incorperates hip and joint dog food since he is older and such...

10. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Gravy Train canned will definetly give them gas. My husband insisted on giving it to one of our dogs for birthdays and such and the dog cleared the room everytime he had it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by