Gassy Chicks

cgaylemedders

Chirping
May 24, 2020
Ok, so the chicks are fussy tonight. No change in the food or water. The older chicks were taken out last night, so maybe they were a little upset. The chicks are still on the lamp roughly 2 weeks old. They are in the house in a portable brooder. I lost one already, so I have been watching the remaining 3 like hawks. Tonight the chick was inconsolable with incessant chirping. I picked it up so the other 2 would settle down. So this little one just wanted a happy spot where it can feel my pulse and hear my heartbeat, I thought until it passed gas and shot poop across my shirt. Now it is sleeping...The question is what can I do for them when they are gassy? The food has not changed and the water is the same. Any suggestions?

Some poops are more 'musical' than others. I don't think it's anything to worry about. They will be wondering where the older chicks have gone as they will identify them as part of their flock. And they do seem to hit an age where they are very restless and one or more will chirp as loud as they can at bedtime. It can be very annoying but it's very normal for that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom