Gatorade????

actually I wonder about this.. not for hot weather, but for sick chickens, cause we have fancy gatorade powder to mix up your own that says its full of electrolytes.. electrolytes are good for sick birds right??

i'm so sorry, but, what's gatorade?

as i'm in here, in here, gatorade is a brand of isotonic drink made by (if i'm not wrong) a famous cola company (sorry can't tell the name, that's promotion).

No. Gatorade is not that good for you or chickens. It is more sugar than anything. I occasionally have problems with electrolyte imbalances in summer and gatorade makes me so sick. A proper electrolyte mix would be better. I get apple flavored electrolyte powder for the horses when competing in the summer. You just mix so many scoops into so many gallons of water. No sugar, no extra junk, and proper useful electrolyte. Unlike gatorade.... Even plain lemonade can be more helpful in the heat. The citric acid helps balance things out. Crystal light is also a better choice than gatorade and has an electrolyte formula. I'm not sure what the fake crystal light sugar does to a chicken though. I know some humans can't tolerate it and some of the fake sweeteners are actually toxic to dogs.

You can get a package of poultry electrolytes pretty cheap. I use it during the hottest part of summer.

I was just wondering since athletes use it to give them electrolytes could a chicken use it. Now that I look at the label the sugar is 14g and the sodium is 100mg. I will be going to the feed store this weekend. Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom