Gatorade?

fleenorfarmmom

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Blountville, Tn
Sorry to ask so many questions but I as still trying to help out my sick chicks. I am hoping Gatorade would be ok for them. I have 5 that I am treating and all the electrolyte mixes I can find are for LARGE (55 gal ) amounts. Gatorade is easy and fun flavors, if it is ok.

*we were just talking about that on another thread. . .One member uses gatorade POWDER, the unsweetened variety-- also said they tested the flavors & the chicks prefered orange. . . .ps: Welcome to BYC!!
wink.png

Last edited:
Thanks! All the stuff we are trying is experimental for the sick ones. We just want to help out the little girls. Mom(fleenorfarmmom) is having a time with them.

Last edited:
Gatoraide has a high sodium content which is not good for chickens at all. Using products not intended for chickens might exacerbate the problems being exhibited.

*I'm glad you said that, Bawk, Miss Prissy scares me!!! I used to get my hand smacked with a ruler by my 3rd grade teacher cuz I'm a lefty and my paper was messy and on my desk 'wrong' . . . . SAME KINDA FEELING!!! ~:eek:
gig.gif
jumpy.gif
:smack:eek:ww!!

Last edited:
I went to my local feed mill and picked up some vitamin and electrolyte powder mix. It was a 4oz package that made 110 gallons of drinking water for poultry.

I sat down and did the math with the help of a few people in the chat room and came up with the right amount per gallon.

I/ we came up with 1/8 teaspoon per gallon of water.

Now if the the 55 gallon mix Fleenorfarmmom is talking about is a yellow pack I got. And it says 2 oz per 55 gallons.

1/8 teaspoon per gallon sure work and be better than gatorade of the chicks like Missprissy said!

Back
Top Bottom