Geese Killed by fox

coopaloop

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 18, 2009
Grand Lake
Last night a fox managed to get in the coop and killed over 20 chickens and my pair of one month old buff geese. It was sad to see the chickens killed but really sad to see the geese. The geese were more like pets and my favorite thing to watch after work was them playing around eating grass and swimming and tripping over lumps of dirt. And that shiver they do when they flap there arms and wiggle there butts. They were the best. I would really like to get another pair but everywhere is sold out for the year. I got them from Metzer and they had excellent service. Does anyone know where I may be able to get a pair of buff geese? And for the record my new coop should be move in ready in a few days and it is bomb proof so nothing will be getting in.

I am SO sorry!
hugs.gif
I would buy from Metzer Farms in spring, or if you wan't them sooner, buy mature geese from someone near were u live.
smile.png
Good luck, and I am very sorry.
smile.png

Sorry to hear your bad news. I would be heart broken, too. I have ordered from Metzer Farms and I think they are really great at their craft...good birds and awesome customer service. I hope you find a pair of yougsters or adults soon.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. You live out in God's country. I love Colorado. I have visited the Grand Lake/Granby area many times. Love it out there!

Thanks PeepsInc but all I have is a Little Giant and I get really bad hatch rates so nothing would probably hatch.

Metzers has a few other breeds available, africans, chinese (brown and white) and embdens left with a few dates open. I know its not the same, but might get you through until spring when you can get more buffs.

Back
Top Bottom