Geese Names AND pictures

A beloved pair of Embdens named Elmer and Gertrude.

One of my all-time favorite books is The Egg and I by Betty MacDonald. Elmer & Gertrude were the names of a pair of the author's pigs.

22404_dsc_0013_04.jpg
this is angelina

22404_angel.jpg
this was angel. He disappeared cause we live in Miami and 2 legged predators are around.

Odysseus and Penelope - mated pair
Cindy (as in Crawford! she has a beauty mark on her cheek)
Junior - younger male

Quote:
hit.gif
I am so sorry for your loss! Where are you in Miami? I lived in Miami Springs for most of my life until we escaped to western West Palm Beach 6 years ago. Now we live in a semi-rural acreage community and here I began keeping poultry. People have had their geese stolen here, especially around the holidays, and I worry about my geese when we are away from home.
fl.gif
Lord, please keep Angelina and all our beloved geese safe!
fl.gif

thumbsup.gif
By the way, I LOVE your screen name, Team Guava Pastry!

I live off of Bird rd and the palmetto, I am somewhat lucky that most of the neighbors that live in our area like them to. We live on a canal, so at least they can come and go.

Angel was donated to us and I let him come and go, he was hand raised and really just like to be around people. We got angelina to keep him company, they were actually mating and he would hardly ever leave her.

one day he was gone, and now she doesn't leave my yard. It's sad but thats what i get for living where i do.

at least we still have angelina no matter what a pain she can be.

Actually there are 3 wild geese used to be 6 now we are down to 3 and they have been keeping their distance lately. Which is good.

Not to many people have chickens around here. I'm lucky my neighbors are very forgiving and my chickens never leave my yard. Plus, I give them fresh eggs. So they don't complain, and my girls are very quite. And I keep my yard and their coop very clean, so there is no smell.

I guess I'm lucky where I live.

We don't have geese yet, but we'll be getting two girls in the Spring. We're so excited that we have their names ready and waiting for them. I chose the name Hobbes for one . . . I've always loved Calvin and Hobbes, and Hobbes just sounds like a good name for a goose to me. My SO has chosen Goslyn for the other. I don't know his reasons for choosing it, but I'm assuming he was a Darkwing Duck fan at some point when he was younger.

Back
Top Bottom