geese question?

user69820

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 14, 2010
I have 5 geese and this one little gander, I think, well yes...it hissed at me, so it is! I wanted to know I think he is in love with me or is he just the guard of the rest of the geese? I can see him just all by hisself many times at their pens gate entrance just longing for me? When I go to see him.....he talks to me and if I open his pen..he comes close to me and gets really in my face....yet he is still ready to flee. I did separate him with the one female goose I have and he started to pick up sticks and nest......but she always walks along the fence longing for the other 3 ganders that I have? What do you think? I think he is in love with me!!

Actually, that hissing is an attempt to get you to go away. It's a threatening noise as well as his stance. Soon he will get his head lower to the ground and run at you. He is attempting to protect his "flock" from you.

You know...he is the littleist and the cutest thing and I have cornered him and pic him up.....I can do this because he is the littleist. But yeah...you bet he is? They all look so sweet and I have one of the largest ganders and he is always.....challenging me to a duo...with the hissing and the lowering of the head and of course goosing me. I used to corner him and try to be bigger than him and than I read somewhere that they are always trying to challenge anything that comes near or between their group. I am new to this and I am in awe of the beautifulness and also aware of their breeding size for meat. I always keep a low profile with them and do not irritate any of them that are bigger than me, since I think they could be a bad situation? I hope for someone to help me decide where they can go and live for a full life? That may not even be possible? I hope to find a place that will take them as yard pets? Thank you..Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom