Geese with ducks

calderman

Chirping
Aug 29, 2020
Hello, I have 3 geese and 5 ducks a few days ago the geese tore up the back of one of my drakes and they try to look like mate with the one of the female ducks and chase my drake away. They also chase the other 3 hen ducks away from the group.
Is there anything I can do. Or do I need to re home to keep the ducks?

What sex are your geese? Sounds like time to separate the geese from the ducks.
When I had 4 geese 2 females and 2 ganders they would gang up on my Muscovy female and even a chicken if she got too close. So I ended up having to rehome the 2 youngest geese and kept the older 2. [Noone would want my older gander except for the table] Since I did that things have been much better, the geese are still temperamental during the breeding season and sometimes they get their own space because of it but I haven't had them gang up on any of the other birds.

What sex are your geese? Sounds like time to separate the geese from the ducks.
When I had 4 geese 2 females and 2 ganders they would gang up on my Muscovy female and even a chicken if she got too close. So I ended up having to rehome the 2 youngest geese and kept the older 2. [Noone would want my older gander except for the table] Since I did that things have been much better, the geese are still temperamental during the breeding season and sometimes they get their own space because of it but I haven't had them gang up on any of the other birds.
At least one female and one male the other one I haven’t been able to tell. I wanna try and keep them but I think it just coming down to rehome them. I wish I had four to keep 2 but since I have 3 I need to get rid of all of them.

I had an issue where my two geese were doing that to each other and byc suggested putting blue kote on the victim because it tastes funny and that worked and it stopped. How old are they? In the spring they may just want to mate with their own species and leave them alone. Mine will have to be separated for the same reason, but not till spring.

Back
Top Bottom