Geese wont eat properly

MapleGoose

Hatching
Jul 26, 2022
Hey I have a goose who I've been taking care of for a little over a year and she started spilling her food everywhere and just not eating it I'm not sure why she's doing that I think it might because a few weeks before I got her some new feed from petco to try it out she seemed to like it but it was just a small bag and now I got her some new food she still won't eat or try it. I tried getting her some greens like kale, corn and peas she did kind of try them but she has always been picky I left them in her enclosure but she hasn't picked at at all. I did take her to a local river and she was having fun bathing in the water and eating some gravel so I don't think it's that something is stuck in her throat but I could be wrong. She poops just fine eating grass when she can but she just won't eat any of the feed

Mine barely eat half a scoop of feed between the three of them a day, but they're also out all day eating what they want and when. Hopefully the gravel helped.

Hey I have a goose who I've been taking care of for a little over a year and she started spilling her food everywhere and just not eating it I'm not sure why she's doing that I think it might because a few weeks before I got her some new feed from petco to try it out she seemed to like it but it was just a small bag and now I got her some new food she still won't eat or try it. I tried getting her some greens like kale, corn and peas she did kind of try them but she has always been picky I left them in her enclosure but she hasn't picked at at all. I did take her to a local river and she was having fun bathing in the water and eating some gravel so I don't think it's that something is stuck in her throat but I could be wrong. She poops just fine eating grass when she can but she just won't eat any of the feed
I looked on petco website all I could find was Browns Goose and duck blend. My geese would pick through it if thats what you got and probably trash most of it. I can get them to eat whole corn but have to soak it for 2 days (will eat craked corn though. They definitely would eat the wheat but allot in the picture looks like bird seed can tell you my kidos wouldn't touch it. The number one ingredient is corn Then wheat 8% protein which is really low. There is no mention of Niacin or B. Corn is a nice additive in the fall and winter months for a little extra fat but Im not sure I would give it as a main ingredient. . Kinda interesting though They added Turmeric as a coloring its mostly used as a anti-inflammatory.

Back
Top Bottom