Gender and breed of these three cuties??

Happychirp

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2023
Hi šŸ˜Š from a fresh member!
I hatched these chicks from fresh eggs from a village in Greece...intend to keep any cockerels in my bachelor flock in a field, while the hens with my existing two hens in my small city garden.
Having read a lot of info, I am super confused by the following:
-All have combs very early
-The largest one with the bare legs gets scared easily and acts as a hen (I don't know their breeds so maybe a large hen?) Also the rounded neck feathers...
-The other two are smaller, have feathered legs, maybe a small breed? Especially the black one is very brave, gets as high as he can and watches...the second has a medium brave behavior...both have pointy neck feathers...
I attach their pics and hopefully collect opinions from more experienced people...oh and if you have any idea of their breeds?
Thank you!
IMG_20231121_121256.jpg

Not sure of the gender...but the striped one looks like a Barred Rock and the dark one looks like a Black Australorp. But wait...do I see feathers on the feet of the darkest one? Black Australorps don't have feathered feet...neither do Barred Rocks...do all of these have feathered feet? Maybe they are a mix of sorts...

Not sure of the gender...but the striped one looks like a Barred Rock and the dark one looks like a Black Australorp. But wait...do I see feathers on the feet of the darkest one? Black Australorps don't have feathered feet...neither do Barred Rocks...do all of these have feathered feet? Maybe they are a mix of sorts...
Thanks! The two "smaller size" have feathered feet, while the largest "hen" with the round neck feathers has bare feet..

The one that is mostly black is a boy and I think a french black copper maran, the one that is black and white with the smallest comb is a girl and a barred rock. The black and white splotchy one I canā€™t say for sure.
Thank you! I think the same for the black one :) My son named it "Gamer" because as soon as it hatched (first of all), he followed my son's finger around the incubator lid :D:D:D he was telling " he goes where I "click" hahaha...

Back
Top Bottom