Gender...Breed? GAH!!

HetaChick

Songster
8 Years
May 31, 2011
California
I recently recieved a new few-day-old chick from a friend. (Well, I guess it's about a week and a half now) I have no clue its gender/breed and with no way of seeing the flock it's from. At first I thought Americauna/coloured egg layer mix but after looking all over the internet for similar chicks I couldnt find any. It doesn't have the distinct "Chipmunk" patterns many chicks of it's color tone have and the primary feathers coming in on its wings are black, grey, and white speckled. My craptastic cell phone/ Ipod cameras makes them look brownish, but it's not. It appears to have a start of a pea comb and it's leg colour is olive/orange. As for gender, it doesn't really matter, but if someone can tell by some strange method, I am just curious to know. My guess is pullet. Thank you : D
Ps: Sorry to repost this, but I didn't realize I had posted in the wrong section.... D:

Berlin1.jpg

My adorable little chicklett the day I got him/her.

Berlin2.jpg

Yesterday...

berlin3.jpg

On my phone... xD

berlin4.jpg

Today, full length chick.

I do not know the breed,
hu.gif
BUT I DO KNOW HOW TO SEX THE CHICK!!
droolin.gif
If the chick has tail fether on week one it is a girl!!
celebrate.gif
if it has tail fether in the 2-3 week it is a boy!!
th.gif

I wish I could help, but you may have to wait another week or two for it to feather out more to get a good guess from any one. Does it have "muffs" ? That is also a telltale sign of an Easter egger, not all have the chipmunk style pattern. I had one that was pure yellow.

Hello! I am going to make my most professional guess! (haha)

Guessing by the color of the legs, I am thinking it could be an EE. Also, I think it is male. That's because every chick I have raised, no matter what breed, that has only a little bit of wing feathers and almost no tail feathers like your little chick, turns out to be male.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
wink.png

Um.....this is of course, just an un-educated guess...........
smile.png

Quote:
That is not always true !!!
I had one with a little bit of wing and no tail feather and it turned out to be GIRL, and also had one that feathered out so darn fast and it was BOY.
So you Cannot base it off of how fast they feather, cause every bird feather differently !

You will have to wait a few weeks before you can start to make gender guesses.

and also will need a lot clearer pictures, they need to be in focus and take a full body side shot, a close up of the face/comb, and a top view of the body.

Back
Top Bottom