Gender? Breed?

Kachinka

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2021
Dear Chicken Folk, with a mixed breed flock I can’t always tell who is announcing himself as a rooster. I fear Priscilla here may be a roo. I believe she is a Belgian d’uccle - she came in a
Batch of eggs from the fair said to be sultans, Mille fleur, and Phoenix. Here he’s on the ramp chatting with frizzle polish, the silver spitz. He likes to puff up, stand tall, flap and challenge everyone. Thank you for any bunches you may have.
58890D6D-4957-435A-85EA-663ECCB35D93.jpeg
DBF9CDD9-21EE-4969-9D2A-12DF0BD3A8F5.jpeg

Welcome to BYC. I believe the bird is a Cochin or Cochin X cockerel
Hi, thank you! Looking at Cochin pictures, I see what you mean. Do you think it could be a Belgian D’Uccle? The lady I got the eggs from says she doesn’t have any Cochins. Sorry my pictures aren’t good — probably not good enough to figure anything out (bad eyesight, knees…)

kate

Hi, thank you! Looking at Cochin pictures, I see what you mean. Do you think it could be a Belgian D’Uccle? The lady I got the eggs from says she doesn’t have any Cochins. Sorry my pictures aren’t good — probably not good enough to figure anything out (bad eyesight, knees…)

kate
Belgian d'uccle have beards and muffs but it could be a mix I guess 🤔 if those are the only breeds she has though I would have to guess d'uccle x phoenix as there's no crest like a sultan.

Back
Top Bottom