Gender can you help? 6 - 7 wk old

IMG_3009.JPG
IMG_3038.JPG
IMG_3043.JPG
IMG_3046.JPG
Hi everyone, I am a new chicken owner and am positive about my other girls being hens but I have ONE in question that might be a Roo. Out of my flock I have 10, different breeds and colors. I have 3 black Australorps, and one of them seems a little different than the other two. I'm thinking she might be a HE! Any opinions are greatly appreciated The first pic shows the chicken in question next to one of my other australorps and my barred rock girl. The rest of the pics are close ups of the chicken in question. They are all about 8 weeks old.

View attachment 553270 View attachment 553273 View attachment 553276 View attachment 553280 Hi everyone, I am a new chicken owner and am positive about my other girls being hens but I have ONE in question that might be a Roo. Out of my flock I have 10, different breeds and colors. I have 3 black Australorps, and one of them seems a little different than the other two. I'm thinking she might be a HE! Any opinions are greatly appreciated The first pic shows the chicken in question next to one of my other australorps and my barred rock girl. The rest of the pics are close ups of the chicken in question. They are all about 8 weeks old.

Can you show him from the side to look for 'sickle' feathers at the base of the tail? I can't tell for sure from the top view. But I think so. The comb development is much different than the pullet. Are the tips of the neck/hackle feathers more pointy than the pullet's? It may be too soon to be sure, but I'm gonna agree with you.:D

Back
Top Bottom