Gender for 7 week olds?

Aww-- what a good looking little flock you have! šŸ¤— I have zero helpful information, just a comment.

The first picture of Sandy-- that's one really brought me so much joy!
I'm pretty sure that's the face that I make when I oversleep my alarm and suddenly jolt awake. I am absolutely certain this is the face I make when my husband makes plans for us and doesn't tell me until last minute and In my head, I'm listing everything that I have do to as I fume. šŸ˜†
So... your chicken Sandy may be my spirit animal. šŸ˜‚
Trust me when I say it was a surprise to me too! :lau
Hahahaha That's the look I got when I turned my camera to her view and she saw her beard that seemed to have popped up out of nowhere. šŸ¤£

@Azcluckers
I will have to disagree. All look like pullets except Daisy! The head shot where s(he) is peeking out from under the other chick looks like 3 rows on the peacomb, which is a cockeral sign. You can also see it a bit in the other photo (your third photo). May be early, but time will tell. Also the more silver coloring can be a male sign, where all the others have brown/gold. This is not always the case with EE, but contributes to my opinion. Also looks like pointy feathers developing on the neck hackles but hard to see the saddle feathers in the photos.
These all look like Easter Eggers, you will be able to tell with more certainty when they are about 10 weeks old. They are all gorgeous birds!:)
They aren't pointy though. It's her coloring. Here's a close up of her neck feathers and a picture of her tail. These pictures aren't the most clear. They're screenshots from a video. Lol
VideoCapture_20200806-193109.jpg
VideoCapture_20200806-213906.jpg

@Azcluckers
I will have to disagree. All look like pullets except Daisy! The head shot where s(he) is peeking out from under the other chick looks like 3 rows on the peacomb, which is a cockeral sign. You can also see it a bit in the other photo (your third photo). May be early, but time will tell. Also the more silver coloring can be a male sign, where all the others have brown/gold. This is not always the case with EE, but contributes to my opinion. Also looks like pointy feathers developing on the neck hackles but hard to see the saddle feathers in the photos.
These all look like Easter Eggers, you will be able to tell with more certainty when they are about 10 weeks old. They are all gorgeous birds!:)

My EE cockerel looked very pullet-like up until 8-9 weeks. He started getting new, shiny feathers coming in over his shoulders around that time. Heā€™s a red/gray though, not the white/grey pattern like your Daisy, so instead of red you might wind up with white wing bars or shoulder spots with your bird, if it turns out to be a cockerel. The comb is definitely a bit redder than the others and does have more distinct rows of peas, but eventually the girls also wind up with 3 rows, so not a definitive sign. :)

My EE cockerel looked very pullet-like up until 8-9 weeks. He started getting new, shiny feathers coming in over his shoulders around that time. Heā€™s a red/gray though, not the white/grey pattern like your Daisy, so instead of red you might wind up with white wing bars or shoulder spots with your bird, if it turns out to be a cockerel. The comb is definitely a bit redder than the others and does have more distinct rows of peas, but eventually the girls also wind up with 3 rows, so not a definitive sign. :)
Thank you! I really hope they're all pullets. Unfortunately, I can't have a rooster and I'd be extremely sad to rehome any of them. I've grown pretty attached. lol

Back
Top Bottom