Gender for 7 week olds?

AZcluckers

Songster
Jun 24, 2020
Arizona
Hey y'all. My girls šŸ¤ž are slightly over 7 weeks old. Is it too early to tell what gender they are?

Sandy
IMG_20200805_165057_014.jpg

VideoCapture_20200805-161532.jpg

Daisy
VideoCapture_20200806-194604.jpg

This is Daisy's head lol
VideoCapture_20200806-195934.jpg

Penny
VideoCapture_20200806-184342.jpg

20200806_200530.jpg

Piper
IMG_20200805_163735_725.jpg

VideoCapture_20200806-193003.jpg

Aww-- what a good looking little flock you have! šŸ¤— I have zero helpful information, just a comment.

The first picture of Sandy-- that's one really brought me so much joy!
I'm pretty sure that's the face that I make when I oversleep my alarm and suddenly jolt awake. I am absolutely certain this is the face I make when my husband makes plans for us and doesn't tell me until last minute and In my head, I'm listing everything that I have do to as I fume. šŸ˜†
So... your chicken Sandy may be my spirit animal. šŸ˜‚
Trust me when I say it was a surprise to me too! :lau

Aww-- what a good looking little flock you have! šŸ¤— I have zero helpful information, just a comment.

The first picture of Sandy-- that's one really brought me so much joy!
I'm pretty sure that's the face that I make when I oversleep my alarm and suddenly jolt awake. I am absolutely certain this is the face I make when my husband makes plans for us and doesn't tell me until last minute and In my head, I'm listing everything that I have do to as I fume. šŸ˜†
So... your chicken Sandy may be my spirit animal. šŸ˜‚
Trust me when I say it was a surprise to me too! :lau
Hahahaha That's the look I got when I turned my camera to her view and she saw her beard that seemed to have popped up out of nowhere. šŸ¤£

My EE cockerel looked very pullet-like up until 8-9 weeks. He started getting new, shiny feathers coming in over his shoulders around that time. Heā€™s a red/gray though, not the white/grey pattern like your Daisy, so instead of red you might wind up with white wing bars or shoulder spots with your bird, if it turns out to be a cockerel. The comb is definitely a bit redder than the others and does have more distinct rows of peas, but eventually the girls also wind up with 3 rows, so not a definitive sign. :)

My EE cockerel looked very pullet-like up until 8-9 weeks. He started getting new, shiny feathers coming in over his shoulders around that time. Heā€™s a red/gray though, not the white/grey pattern like your Daisy, so instead of red you might wind up with white wing bars or shoulder spots with your bird, if it turns out to be a cockerel. The comb is definitely a bit redder than the others and does have more distinct rows of peas, but eventually the girls also wind up with 3 rows, so not a definitive sign. :)
Thank you! I really hope they're all pullets. Unfortunately, I can't have a rooster and I'd be extremely sad to rehome any of them. I've grown pretty attached. lol

Back
Top Bottom