HOOKERVILLE!!!
Storm.....pullet?
dscf0005-18.jpg

dscf0004-17.jpg

dscf0003-22.jpg

Twister....roo??
dscf0008-12.jpg

dscf0007-16.jpg

Williow....pullet?...although i'm leanin more towards roo.
dscf0003-21.jpg

dscf0002-22.jpg

dscf0010-7.jpg

thanks all.i'm just not real good with this gender thing yet!

One thing I've learned about chicks is I'm not a good guesser. I can't keep my mind made up about which are roos in my own flock. I have 26 8wk old babies, all supposed to be pullets (though the hatchery says they're 90% accurate), and I'm expecting that a couple of them are cockerels. I know I have one silver-spangled hamburg that is for sure a boy, because his comb was HUGE at 4 weeks compared to the other SSH's. At 8wks, he is most definitely a cockerel. But I have an EE that I thought was for sure a cockerel at 4 weeks, because "he" was so much larger than the other EE, and now I'm pretty sure she's a girl. I have 5 RIR's, and I thought one was a cockerel, and now I'm thinking they're all girls again. The jury is still out on my GLW, who I thought was a boy, then decided he was a dark cornish pullet, and now I'm back to GLW for sure, but boy or girl? I dunno....

I also have a 12wk silver-laced polish that I've thought was a boy, and now I've decided based on lack of pointy saddle and hackle feathers, she's a girl.

So it is fun to guess, looking at them all, but I'm really clueless and not very good at this guessing game, I've discovered.

I'm guessing boy on Storm, because the comb looks kinda big. On Twister I can't see a comb at all, because it looks like there's a bit of a crest started, so I'm going with, um.... pullet, because I hope she is :eek:). Willow is pretty, and I see no pink at all in the comb, so I'm guessing pullet there.

You'll have to update when you can tell for sure!

Back
Top Bottom