Gender Help!

Looks like you were taken advantage of or misinformed. This is what a lavender ameraucana should look like.
Paul Smith is one of the foremost breeders of Ameraucana, I doubt his birds would have single combs.
Sorry.☹️
Lavender-Ameraucanas.jpg

Agree, look like 3 boys and one girl. Both black ones and one of the lavender, that honestly look more like lavender orpingtons to me. 😊
Dang it, I bought 2 silkies from the same place and they turned out to be roos, so I had to give them away, (area we live in doesnt allow roosters) these were a lot younger than the silkies, so I couldn't tell gender. I was hoping that at least most of them were pullets. Safe to say ill probably find another place to get my chickens. Mahalo.🤙

Dang it, I bought 2 silkies from the same place and they turned out to be roos, so I had to give them away, (area we live in doesnt allow roosters) these were a lot younger than the silkies, so I couldn't tell gender. I was hoping that at least most of them were pullets. Safe to say ill probably find another place to get my chickens. Mahalo.🤙
Thanks for the shaka!🥰
Impossible to sex silkies young (other than DNA testing), so that could have gone either way, I guess.
If you want to get Ameraucana from a reputable breeder, contact the Ameraucana Breeders Club, they have a breeder listing so you can find a breeder in your area. Some hatcheries are selling them now as well, but I do not know the quality.
Good luck! 😊

Back
Top Bottom