Gender Id's please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HaileyandJoliesMom, Sep 16, 2008.

1. HaileyandJoliesMom

HaileyandJoliesMom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    These guys were 4.5 weeks old in these pics. Im almost 100% sure I have all hens but would like some extra imput on this. Everyone else Im fairly certain about, but these 7 have me a bit confused. Thanks!!!!

#1 (hen?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 Please be a Hen, shes my daughters favorite!!
    [​IMG]

#3 Hen?
    [​IMG]

#4 Hen?[​IMG]

#5, not sure on the gender of this one
    [​IMG]

#6 supposed to be an EE, Hen???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#7 My free rare chick, I think this is an Splash Cochin Hen, PLEASE correct me if Im wrong, also Did a I get a Hen??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

#7 looks like a Light Brahma, they are rare. Does she have feathered feet. #1 is a rooster.

3. HaileyandJoliesMom

Jul 13, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Quote:Yes she does have feather feet!! They are the cutest lil feet Ive ever seen LOL. Do you think #7 is a hen??

That stinks about #1, we cant have anymore roosters. Too much crowing according to the neighbors

4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    4.5 weeks is pretty early to be certain about gender, so don't give up on #1 yet. It looks pretty dark, and BR pullets are supposed to be substantially darker than cockerels. I was sure by 4wks that I had RIR, EE, GLW, and SSH cockerels, and now at 9wks the only one I'm positive is a cockerel is the SSH. I'm sure my EE is a pullet, and the jury is still out on the others....

I'm not even going to guess on yours, because I was so wrong on my own at that age.

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

They all look like pullets to me. Maybe one or two males....

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Yes she does have feather feet!! They are the cutest lil feet Ive ever seen LOL. Do you think #7 is a hen??

That stinks about #1, we cant have anymore roosters. Too much crowing according to the neighbors

Yup. I think #7 is a hen.

7. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    I think they are all pullets, and the last one is a Light Brahma.

The barred rock's coloring suggests a pullet, as it is so dark.

8. HaileyandJoliesMom

Jul 13, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    If she is a lt brahma, and that is a breed listed in the Brown Egg layers bargain, then I wonder which one is my free rare chick. Weird.

Maybe its this one, since she doesnt look like anyone else (also listed on the "weird chick" thread)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by