Gender Id's please

HaileyandJoliesMom

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 13, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
These guys were 4.5 weeks old in these pics. Im almost 100% sure I have all hens but would like some extra imput on this. Everyone else Im fairly certain about, but these 7 have me a bit confused. Thanks!!!!

#1 (hen?)
Chicksgettingolder007.jpg

Chicksgettingolder009.jpg

#2 Please be a Hen, shes my daughters favorite!!
Chicksgettingolder010.jpg

#3 Hen?
Chicksgettingolder012.jpg

#4 Hen?
Chicksgettingolder013.jpg

#5, not sure on the gender of this one
Chicksgettingolder025.jpg

#6 supposed to be an EE, Hen???
Chicksgettingolder014.jpg

Chicksgettingolder015.jpg

#7 My free rare chick, I think this is an Splash Cochin Hen, PLEASE correct me if Im wrong, also Did a I get a Hen??
Chicksgettingolder028.jpg

Chicksgettingolder016.jpg

Quote:
Yes she does have feather feet!! They are the cutest lil feet Ive ever seen LOL. Do you think #7 is a hen??

That stinks about #1, we cant have anymore roosters. Too much crowing according to the neighbors

4.5 weeks is pretty early to be certain about gender, so don't give up on #1 yet. It looks pretty dark, and BR pullets are supposed to be substantially darker than cockerels. I was sure by 4wks that I had RIR, EE, GLW, and SSH cockerels, and now at 9wks the only one I'm positive is a cockerel is the SSH. I'm sure my EE is a pullet, and the jury is still out on the others....

I'm not even going to guess on yours, because I was so wrong on my own at that age.

Quote:
Yes she does have feather feet!! They are the cutest lil feet Ive ever seen LOL. Do you think #7 is a hen??

That stinks about #1, we cant have anymore roosters. Too much crowing according to the neighbors

Yup. I think #7 is a hen.

If she is a lt brahma, and that is a breed listed in the Brown Egg layers bargain, then I wonder which one is my free rare chick. Weird.

Maybe its this one, since she doesnt look like anyone else (also listed on the "weird chick" thread)

Chicksgettingolder027.jpg

Back
Top Bottom