Gender of a bunch of 8 week olds??

Do you think the black ones could be black Orpingtons? The guy I got the eggs from sold me a dozen lavender orps. But I only have 5 (well apparently 4 and 1 blue.) I'm sure more than 5 of those eggs hatched.. And then I'm almost 100% sure I had more than 2 of my backyard mix dozen, NOT hatch. Which means some of my lavender eggs had to have had something else besides lavenders...I can't recall which chicks came from which eggs, but I know he was also selling black Orpington eggs and chicks. Maybe his black rooster got to his lavenders or he just gave me whatever eggs he had that day... 🤔
What color are the bottom of their feet? Purebred orpingtons should have white/pink foot pads.

What color are the bottom of their feet? Purebred orpingtons should have white/pink foot pads.
What color would you consider these feet? I think a couple look pinkish but probably not two of the black ones..🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_20210715_143228.jpg
    IMG_20210715_143228.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210715_143140.jpg
    IMG_20210715_143140.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210715_143153.jpg
    IMG_20210715_143153.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210715_143212.jpg
    IMG_20210715_143212.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 3
What color would you consider these feet? I think a couple look pinkish but probably not two of the black ones..🤷‍♀️
Looks like the second and third picture are pink/white and the other two are yellow. You could have a black Orpington and a blue Orpington.

If you’re still unsure (I’m a little unsure myself) you can compare them to your lavender orps’ foot pads, which you know will be pink/white, and the foot pads of one of your yellow-legged chicks.

Looks like the second and third picture are pink/white and the other two are yellow. You could have a black Orpington and a blue Orpington.

If you’re still unsure (I’m a little unsure myself) you can compare them to your lavender orps’ foot pads, which you know will be pink/white, and the foot pads of one of your yellow-legged chicks.
Yeah I'm thinking the one who isn't black is a blue Orpington. I looked at pictures and he/she definitely looks like more of that coloration than a lavender. The black is possible orp too or some other black chicken from my backyard mix eggs. 🤷‍♀️ Not really important to know if it's a roo as I probably won't keep him anyway. Way too many boys on my hands it seems!

Back
Top Bottom