Gender of my babies?

berysa

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 6, 2012
This is a follow up post of some post I made a few weeks ago, I think it's a lot more obvious now that I have 2 roos and 1 hen. Thoughts anybody?

I think this one's a roo. It looks like a Speckled Sussex, but I'm not quite sure. I've Googled some images for day old speckled sussex's and they looked completely different to mine. I think when this one was a chick it looked pretty much like the Light Sussex but with a small light orange patch near its butt.

A beautiful Light Sussex. I'm thinking hen?

RIR roo by the looks of it~

What do you guys think? :)

It's just that the RIR's tail is really long and pointy don't you think? Or is that typical of 2 month RIRs? :S

i think the speckled sussex looks like a roo and the delaware is a girl. The RIR is hard to tell but I'd go with girl

1 is a roo I think, and 2 and 3 are pullets I think!
goodpost.gif

I have no idea, when I ordered I asked for a sussex, but I didn't specify whether it was a light or speckled. Just thought it's funny how it looked a lot like a light sussex but actually turned out to be speckled!

If you still cannot figure out if it is a rooster you can always look at the wings and see if they are even. If they are even then it is a rooster, and if uneven it is a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom