Gender reveal part 2

I’m curious if temperatures change their comb color as well… When I went out there this morning it’s not nearly as red but in the afternoons here it’s about 95°. I guess we’ll just have to play it by ear. The lady that gave me the eggs said that she would take back any roosters so I am fortunate there. She’s a friend of mine and I know that she would give them a good home and she honestly just gave me the eggs because I had two broody hens and I wanted to see what they would do. I have enjoyed having little babies running around.

I'm not sure sure if temperature plays part or not. I do know I still have very pink combs in very hot conditions. I live in middle Georgia

Here is another picture of Maxine today and my gut just tells me it’s a hen. I had already come to grips with the fact that I had three males and the other four were going to be female so I am very excited. My fingers are crossed but I know things could change. My other four are all 4 1/2 years old and don’t really lay much anymore. They mostly free load but they are very sweet… Ha ha!

Attachments

• C05A29E6-DA63-482F-A3E3-4D9C9E44A35F.jpeg
    C05A29E6-DA63-482F-A3E3-4D9C9E44A35F.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom