Gender???

pecanpraline1

Hatching
Jul 13, 2015
This is my very first peachick. I bought it from a local feed store. Anyone care to guess on breed/gender? I
know it's early, but just for fun.

Ok thanks. Should I post more pics pf the black shoulder in a few weeks? At how many weeks will I know for sure? Also another question. I live in MI and was wondering if these guys will need any special care in the winter? I want to have everything ready for them.
I think the youngest for Black Shoulders is 8 weeks. I don't know what Michigan weather is like. I hope there will be another peafowl owner that has weather similar to Michigan to let you know. I'm in Idaho and we sometimes hit double digit negative but for the most part we're between negative 5 and 20 degrees and my peafowl do fine during the winter.

Thank you birdrain92
I was suspecting that it might be a guinea
sad.png

It is a Pied Pearl...
th.gif

The Black Shoulder is the only one I know for sure is a male. The colored chick looks like a Spalding hen since it has barring in the mid section, or at least it reminds me of my Spalding hen. The Purple Pied and Cameo I don't see barring so I will go with hen.

Male looks to be around 5 weeks old and an indian blue, congratulations now you need to find him a friend, they do much better with a companion like another pea
wink.png

Lots to learn so hang out with us and enjoy your journey with your pea or peas
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I thought it was a male. We call him Praline. I plan on finding him a friend soon. My friend also got a peachick the same day. Can you tell if it's a male or female? We were told it may not be an IB

Back
Top Bottom