Gender???

Right now I just see some dark feathers only a few making me think it's a male but I have only raised a Black Shoulder hen when she was three months old. When they are three months old you will see some differences. Rather there will be more dark black color for males or a charcoal gray for the hens. But I'm leaning towards it being a male though because I see some dark black feathers.

Thank you birdrain92
I was suspecting that it might be a guinea
sad.png

It is a Pied Pearl...
th.gif

So if mine turn out to both be males will they get along ok with out any hens? I live in the city now, and I'm not suppose to have chickens or peafowl, but hopefully in about a year or two I will be moving to somewhere with a lot more land. I have an acre now. So far no one has complained about my animals so I guess I've just got lucky for now.

Here's an update on my peachicks. The brown one has green feathers coming in on his neck.

Indian Blue (the brown one) looks like a male. Is he around 1 or 2 months old? My chicks that are one month old have a little bit of color but my two month old male has a blue neck already. I'm assuming the Black Shoulder is around the same age. I think it's a male since I can see some Black feathers coming in up toward the top of the shoulder.

Last edited:
They are six weeks old. So when will the brown ones neck turn blue? It is getting green feathers now at the base.

At first the feathers will be a green color and then they will turn Blue. I have a male peachick that is 2 months old almost 3 months and he has a blue neck with White breast feathers for now. I will try to get you a picture soon.

Back
Top Bottom