Gender??

Hmm, instead of getting rid of a rooster, you could just make a separate pen for one and a few hens or just one other roo and swap them out with the hens. My friends accidentally ended up with three maybe four roosters and are just gonna make another pen for the other two. That is always an option. Good luck, having two roosters can be hard though, I learned that the hard way, hopefully its jus tone extra rooster not 2 right :D ! Avery

These two are a little over 7 weeks! I’m hoping for all pullets, but won’t be disappointed if ones a rooster!View attachment 2277019View attachment 2277020

Over a month later, I’m still undecided:
0DE63CCD-CB55-45F9-8B3A-ACB482D9FC8A.jpeg
EED5523C-E0D0-4151-A0A7-394EC3E11A7C.jpeg
9756ED8D-590A-436C-86C7-78552515485D.jpeg

Dark one is a cockerel, you can see long tapered saddles coming out from behind (towards the base of tail on the back). Its a bit hard to see but I think I see it there. The buff is hard to see..
I’ve been watching for some definitive saddle feathers, and maybe I’m just still holding out that he’ll be a pullet. He’s so pretty!

In this photo, the one whose butt feathers are closest to us--definitely pullet. I saw the other two's shanks in your other photos and those look cockerel to me...
Yes she’s definitely a little lady! I’m still in denial either of the others are roosters until I see some definitive saddle feathers haha

Back
Top Bottom