Gender?

Looks like a brown-red Ameraucana colour variety. The colour pattern does look like a female; however, as previously mentioned that can change as they mature. The heckle feathers look suspiciously pointy, making me more inclined to say male. Furthermore, that is a rather large comb for a female Ameraucana. My 5 month old silver Ameraucana pullet has a MUCH smaller comb, but my cockerels have had a comb that size for a couple months. My guess would be cockerel, but Ameraucanas take a while longer to tell than some other breeds. If you could tell us the chickens age it would certainly help. Do let us know in a month once you know for sure!

Looks like a brown-red Ameraucana colour variety. The colour pattern does look like a female; however, as previously mentioned that can change as they mature. The heckle feathers look suspiciously pointy, making me more inclined to say male. Furthermore, that is a rather large comb for a female Ameraucana. My 5 month old silver Ameraucana pullet has a MUCH smaller comb, but my cockerels have had a comb that size for a couple months. My guess would be cockerel, but Ameraucanas take a while longer to tell than some other breeds. If you could tell us the chickens age it would certainly help. Do let us know in a month once you know for sure!
My chicks are 9 weeks old.

My chicks are 9 weeks old.
I would say 90% sure ot is a male. In this photo my chicks are 9 weeks old. The black and white one in the back is an EE cockerel while the grey one in the front is an Ameraucana pullet. Both have a pea comb. The cockerels is much more pronounced and redder.

Attachments

• 20220713_202744_HDR.jpg
    20220713_202744_HDR.jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 5
I would say 90% sure ot is a male. In this photo my chicks are 9 weeks old. The black and white one in the back is an EE cockerel while the grey one in the front is an Ameraucana pullet. Both have a pea comb. The cockerels is much more pronounced and redder.
I agree, thanks for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom