Genders please (& breed) Pic heavy

ValerieZ1984

Chirping
Jun 6, 2016
Clayton, NC
It's looking like out of my original 7 Easter eggers, these two might be my only pullets. They are 5 weeks old. I'm also posting Polish and some newbies I don't know breed of.

EE #1
IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0619.JPG

EE #2
IMG_0620.JPG IMG_0621.JPG IMG_0625.JPG IMG_0627.JPG

Golden laced Polish, 6 weeks old
IMG_0628.JPG IMG_0629.JPG IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG IMG_0640.JPG IMG_0642.JPG

I was given these as pullets, but I have my doubts, especially about one. Supposed to be 5-6 week old RIR mix, but they look so tiny next to the EEs. Genders and breed thoughts? Photo attached shoes size difference
IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0649.JPG IMG_0652.JPG

#2 the one I'm most suspicious is a cockerel
IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0654.JPG IMG_0657.JPG IMG_0661.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 5
At this point they should have waddles starting to form if they are boys. I don't own polish chickens so I don't know how to sex them. They all appear to have rounded saddle feathers in the pictures(correct me if I am wrong). Since none have waddles right now and all appear to be feathered in properly for females, I believe that they are all girls.The boys combs should not be that light either. I do not know how to sex polish chickens but the rounded saddle feathers on her makes me think that it is a girl.Hope this helps and that they are all pullets. Good luck:)

All except for the first supposed RIR chick look like pullets. In case I'm wrong, check and see if the neck feathers are round or pointed. Hope I helped ^-^.

At this point they should have waddles starting to form if they are boys. I don't own polish chickens so I don't know how to sex them. They all appear to have rounded saddle feathers in the pictures(correct me if I am wrong). Since none have waddles right now and all appear to be feathered in properly for females, I believe that they are all girls.The boys combs should not be that light either. I do not know how to sex polish chickens but the rounded saddle feathers on her makes me think that it is a girl.Hope this helps and that they are all pullets. Good luck:)

Thats what Im hoping! The 5 other EEs had the bright red triple pea combs, some with really red wattles, so they were pretty obvious. I had 4 other Polish, but they all have had really developed wattles and 3 had red prominent forked combs so all cockerels I assume there. The new kids, I think they are RIR bantam mixes? No clue... First one I lean pullet on but the other looks a little redder in the comb/wattle area so I figured Id post them :) Thank you for the guesses

Nothing pops out to signal cockerel on the first ones! But the last one does look like a cockerel
Thats my thoughts exactly :-\ Im new to chickens so when I was told the little red ones were pullets, I was happy. Then the red started coming in on the one more. Ah well. Do you think they are bantams or bantam Xs?

All except for the first supposed RIR chick look like pullets. In case I'm wrong, check and see if the neck feathers are round or pointed. Hope I helped ^-^.

I hope the first RIR x (I have no idea what they are, looking for breed guesses too... I think they might be some kind of bantam X) isnt a roo, I was leaning roo on the 2nd one since its redder in the comb/wattles. Its the year of the roo for me haha 15 chicks and maybe 4-5 pullets.

I hope the first RIR x (I have no idea what they are, looking for breed guesses too... I think they might be some kind of bantam X) isnt a roo, I was leaning roo on the 2nd one since its redder in the comb/wattles. Its the year of the roo for me haha 15 chicks and maybe 4-5 pullets.
Lol I have like 100 chickens and only 16 roos. The most I ever get in a hatch are about 10-15 pullets and 1-5 cockerels. I'm lucky. :lau The Xs look bantam. Maybe a wellsummer cross?

Back
Top Bottom