Genders please?

WendyCFL

Chirping
12 Years
May 28, 2011
Oviedo FL
Hi -unfortunately one of my hens was sneaky and hid a nest which wasn't discovered until 7 of the 8 chicks were born! They were born approx. 3/21 - so 5 weeks old now. The dads are basically mixed breeds. Fairly certain the big combs and wattles are the boys...others not too sure of. Any guesses would be wonderful. Thanks!

Really hard to say but I would wait until they crow. Thing is, I would say the ones with big combs are boys BUT I thought this about one of my chicks which had a massive red comb from only a week old. But it hasn't crowed yet and is achieving moe of a female shape in regards to not having saddle feathers or long tail feathers etc... and the ones with smaller yellowey combs are growing the saddle feathers typical of a cockerel.

Hi -unfortunately one of my hens was sneaky and hid a nest which wasn't discovered until 7 of the 8 chicks were born! They were born approx. 3/21 - so 5 weeks old now. The dads are basically mixed breeds. Fairly certain the big combs and wattles are the boys...others not too sure of. Any guesses would be wonderful. Thanks!

pullet

pullet

pullet

pullet

roo

pullet

pullet
is what i'd say

Back
Top Bottom