Genders please.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jaymeellis06, Oct 13, 2014.

1. jaymeellis06

jaymeellis06 Chirping

Jun 25, 2014
    Florahome, Florida
    So i hatched out the Andalusians and the Rhode Island red Cross on August 30th/31st and im starting to think Penny is actually a Roo. I would be so disappointed because i have grown so attached to him and the others. They are the tamest chicks/chickens i have owned so far. They love to cuddle. The Andalusians are a little over 6 weeks old and the Cochin is a little over 7 weeks old.

Penny Blue Andalusian/Rhode Island Red cross
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So does that red coming in on her wing indicate she is actually a he or is that a result of her crossing? She has some of that on her back as well.

Asia the Blue andalusian
    [​IMG]
    She hatched out the first and is the tiniest of them all.

Snowflake the Blue Splash Andalusian.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    She does not like getting her pictures taken. Hard to keep her still.

Stormy the Blue? cochin 7 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Is she just a plain ole blue or something else? Her feathers are lighter than my other blues and have different shades of blue all over. I hope she is still a she.

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    They are all looking like pullets for now. If one were to be a rooster, though, I think it would be Stormy.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

4. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Songster

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    X3 Pretty sure Penny is a pullet, very pretty girl. Stormy's comb is really red, I'd bet it is a roo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: